Lowercase t Poster
Ideal for Letter Formation Lessons, Reference Chart & Auditory Discrimination
Phonics Wall Display Poster – Lowercase letter t
Letter t poster
(an lowercase letter t phonics poster for you to DOWNLOAD and PRINT)
The Lowercase t Poster Auditory Discrimination List
- Retrieval Charts / Sound Wall – When writing in the early years pin these posters to the wall and encourage students to find the sound they are after.
- Correct Letter Formation – together with students write the correct starting points for letters on the posters. Use a 1 and draw and small arrow in the direction the pencil is to travel. Add a 2 and another arrow when there is a change of direction or a pencil lift.
- Air Letters – Students trace correct letter formation in the air with their finger and say the words represented by the pictures in the same order as the correct letter formation.
- Listening Walk – In pairs students use exaggeration and repetition of the initial sound e.g. t-t-tadpole to work out the letter represented on the poster.
- I Spy – While looking at the poster give clues, ‘I’m thinking of a word starting with the sound ‘t’. Give clues to the word. E.g. It is black with a wiggly tail. I turn into a frog…
- Create a Class Book – place all the lowercase posters into a plastic sleeve binder and display it for easy access, reference and exploration.
- For Home – Encourage students and parents to download the posters at home for the fridge or back of the bathroom door by adding the web address to the school newsletter. https://phonics-teaching.com
- Practice ‘auditory chunking’ – tad-pole, ti-ger etc
- Remember to focus on letter sounds before the letter names as this gives students way more access to the ‘code’ used in reading and writing.
- Syllabification – Clap the syllables they can hear in each word.
- Use repetition and exaggeration of the final sound heard in each word tadpole-le-le
NB Once the students are familiar with the lowercase letters print out the Capital Letter Posters and place them above or beside the small letters.
How to Download Your t Words Poster:
- Add the t Words Poster to your Cart using the ‘Add to Cart’ Button. NB You can only get the resources 2 at a time. #longstory
- Press the very small ‘View Cart’ Button at the very top right of this page.
- Press the ‘Proceed to Checkout’ Button
- Add your email address to prove you are human
- Press ‘Place Order’ and then scroll down to ‘Order Details’ and click on your resource there. It will open ready to save, print, cut out and laminate.