Words that start with ch
This ch words for kids poster is a great addition to any reading lesson. It is ideal for ch sound practice or as a student reference in a writing station.
(a ch phonics poster for you to download and print)
ch words list
How to Download Your Words with ch in them Phonics Poster:
- Add the ch sound poster to your Cart using the ‘Add to Cart’ Button. NB You can only get the resources 2 at a time. #longstory
- Press the very small ‘View Cart’ Button at the very top right of this page.
- Click on the ‘Proceed to Checkout’ Button
- Type in your email address to prove you are human
- Press ‘Place Order’ and then scroll down to ‘Order Details’ and click on your resource there. It will open ready to save, print, cut out and laminate.
One Way to Use this ch sound Poster:
- Students sit in pairs.
- Introduces the words starting with ch poster on the website and models the onset and rime.
- Model giving clues for the students to guess e.g. ‘You can sit on a _______ ‘, ‘I like ___________ ice-cream’.
- Students guess the word and spell it to their partner.
- In pairs, the students create clues for their partner to guess.
Another Possible to Use this ch word Poster:
- Complete a running record or a student.
- If the ch sound appears to be a sound the student needs knowledge on, go to https://phonics-teaching.com and find & print the ch words poster.
- Explore the poster together.
- Practice the onset & rime.
- Place the poster in a loose-leaf folder to create a book or personal sounds the student needs to work on.
Yet Another Way You Might Like to Use this ch words Poster
- Recorded Reading – students record themselves reading the word lists (phone, tablet, PC) and listen to themselves reading the words back. Ask them to identify words they need to practice and what they perceive to be the problem. How will we fix that problem?
Where to Next?
or maybe a ch sound phonics flip book