Free Electronic Jigsaw Puzzle
Q. What are CVCs?
A. A CVC is a word made up of a Consonant then a Vowel & then a Consonant.
This electronic puzzle is for PC, Tablet and Mobile and is based on the CVCs – short o, short u & short e
- cog, cob, rock, lock, top, dock, mop, pop, fog & dog
- jog, hog, cot, hop, log, hot, sock, dot & frog
- mug, sun, cut, gum, luck, bus, tub, duck, hut
- nut, bun, crumb, mud, fun, thumb, drum, bug, hug, grub
- jet, vent, I went, beg, best, pet, red, bet, get, send
- test, peg, legs, nest, hen, rest, vet, net, bent, vest
Possible Ideas for Use:
- Take a Picture Walk – Say aloud, “For some of the pictures on the puzzle I find it a bit hard to work out the e sound . Take this one of the aeroplane … I don’t hear the e sound. Let’s use the letters to work out the word.
- Putting Pieces Together – Model self-talk. “OK, now I’ve got it! The picture of the person sitting on the lounge is for rest.”
- Repeat the Sounds – “Now I’m going to say the word aloud to myself and listen for the e sound. r-e-st.”
Puzzle Solving Skills – Model your self-talk as move the pieces around e.g. ‘I like to get the bottom edge sorted first and I then look for the other edge pieces. After that I like to fill in the center of the puzzle. What do you like to do?’
Click here —> Launch the electronic CVC Words Jigsaw Puzzle
Where to Next?