What Does the Prefix RE Mean?
The Prefix RE means AGAIN
re Word List
How to Download Your re Words Phonics Poster:
- Add the re words poster to your Cart using the ‘Add to Cart’ Button. NB You can only get the resources 5 at a time. #longstory
- Press the very small ‘View Cart’ Button at the very top right of this page.
- Press the ‘Proceed to Checkout’ Button
- Add your email address to prove you are human
- Press ‘Place Order’ and then scroll down to ‘Order Details’ and click on your resource there. It will open ready to save, print, cut out and laminate.
One Way to Use this Poster:
- Students sit in pairs.
- Teacher introduces the re words poster on the website and discusses the meaning of the prefix.
- Teacher models giving clues for the students to guess e.g. ‘To paint again is to ___________ ‘, ‘To tell a story again is to _________ it ‘.
- Students guess the word and spell it to their partner.
Another Possible to Use this Poster:
- When reading in groups ask the students what re means in the context of a sentence they are reading.
- Visit https://phonics-teaching.com and find & print the re words poster.
- Explore the poster together.
- Practice adding and taking away the prefix and discuss what it does to the word meaning.
- Place the poster in a loose leaf folder to create a book or personal sounds the student needs to work on.
Yet Another Way You Might Like to Use this Poster:
- Recorded reading – students record themselves reading the word lists (phone, tablet, PC) and listen to themselves reading the words back. Ask them to identify words they need to practice and what they perceive to be the problem. How will we fix that problem?
Where to Next?