Words that End with er
er Words Phonics Poster
This er words for kids poster is a great addition to any reading lesson. It is ideal for er sound practice or as a student reference at a writing station.
er words list
How to Download Your Words that end with er Phonics Poster:
- Add the er sound poster to your Cart using the ‘Add to Cart’ Button. NB You can only get the resources 2 at a time. #longstory
- Press the very small ‘View Cart’ Button at the very top right of this page.
- Press the ‘Proceed to Checkout’ Button
- Add your email address to prove you are human
- Press ‘Place Order’ and then scroll down to ‘Order Details’ and click on your resource there. It will open ready to save, print, cut out and laminate.
One Way to Use this Poster er sound Poster:
- Students sit in pairs.
- Teacher introduces the er poster on the website and models decoding the words.
- Teacher models giving clues for the students to guess e.g. ‘Opposite of smaller _______ ‘, ‘Opposite of louder _______ ‘.
- Students guess the word and spell it to their partner.
- Complete a running record or a student.
- If the er sound appears to be a sound the student needs knowledge on, go to https://phonics-teaching.com and find & print the er words poster.
- Explore the vocabulary of the poster together.
- Practice decoding the words.
- Place the poster in a loose-leaf folder to create a book or personal sounds the student needs to work on.
Yet Another Way You Might Like to Use this Poster
- Recorded reading – students record themselves reading the word lists (phone, tablet, PC) and listen to themselves reading the words back. Ask them to identify words they need to practice and what they perceive to be the problem. How will we fix that problem?
Where to Next?