Words Ending in the Sh sound
Phonics Poster – Final Sound Sh
How to Download Your sh Words Phonics Poster:
- Add the sh words poster to your Cart using the ‘Add to Cart’ Button. NB You can only get the resources 2 at a time. #longstory
- Press the very small ‘View Cart’ Button at the very top right of this page.
- Press the ‘Proceed to Checkout’ Button
- Add your email address to prove you are human
- Press ‘Place Order’ and then scroll down to ‘Order Details’ and click on your resource there. It will open ready to save, print, cut out and laminate.
One Way to Use this Poster:
- Students sit in pairs.
- Teacher introduces the sh poster on the website and practice decoding the words on the poster.
- Teacher models giving clues for the students to guess e.g. ‘I like to _______ my potatoes’, ‘The word I am thinking of is another word for quiet _______ ‘.
- Students guess the word and spell it to their partner.
- Complete a running record or a student.
- If the sh sound appears to be a sound the student needs knowledge on, go to https://phonics-teaching.com and find & print the sh words poster.
- Explore the poster together.
- Practice decoding the words on the poster.
- Place the poster in a loose leaf folder to create a book or personal sounds the student needs to work on.
Yet Another Way You Might Like to Use this Poster
- Recorded reading – students record themselves reading the word lists (phone, tablet, PC) and listen to themselves reading the words back. Ask them to identify words they need to practice and what they perceive to be the problem. How will we fix that problem?
Where to Next?