Lowercase Letter g Poster
hard g sound
Ideal for Letter Formation Lessons, Reference Chart & Auditory Discrimination
Phonics Wall Display Poster – Lowercase Letter G
(an Lowercase g phonics poster for you to DOWNLOAD and PRINT)
The Lowercase g Poster Auditory Discrimination List
- Retrieval Charts / Sound Wall – When writing in the early years pin these posters to the wall and encourage students to find the sound they are after.
- Correct Letter Formation – together with students write the correct starting points for letters on the posters. Use a 1 and draw and small arrow in the direction the pencil is to travel. Add a 2 and another arrow when there is a change of direction or a pencil lift.
- Air Letters – Students trace correct letter formation in the air with their finger and say the words represented by the pictures in the same order as the correct letter formation.
- Listening Walk – In pairs students use exaggeration and repetition of the initial sound e.g. g-g-gorilla to work out the letter represented on the poster.
- I Spy – While looking at the poster give clues, ‘I’m thinking of a word starting with the sound ‘g’. Give clues to the word. E.g. It is an animal that is found in a forest. I sometimes beat my fists on my chest…
- Create a Class Book – place all the lowercase posters into a plastic sleeve binder and display it for easy access, reference and exploration.
- For Home – Encourage students and parents to download the posters at home for the fridge or back of the bathroom door by adding the web address to the school newsletter. https://phonics-teaching.com
- Practice ‘auditory chunking’ – gor-il-la, guit-ar etc
- Remember to focus on letter sounds before the letter names as this gives students way more access to the ‘code’ used in reading and writing.
- Syllabification – Clap the syllables they can hear in each word.
- Use repetition and exaggeration of the final sound heard in each word gorilla-a-a
NB Once the students are familiar with the lowercase letters print out the Capital Letter Posters and place them above or beside the small letters.
How to Download Your Words that start with g Phonics Poster:
- Press the very small ‘View Cart’ Button at the very top right of this page.
- Click on the ‘Proceed to Checkout’ Button
- Type in your email address to prove you are human
- Press ‘Place Order’ and then scroll down to ‘Order Details’ and click on your resource there. It will open ready to save, print, cut out and laminate.
Where to Next?