ou Vowel Digraph Poster
This phonics poster explores the sound combining the letters o & u make when reading English.
Words with ou List
How to Download Your Words that have ou in them Phonics Poster:
- Add the ou words poster to your Cart using the ‘Add to Cart’ Button. NB You can only get the resources 5 at a time. #longstory
- Press the very small ‘View Cart’ Button at the very top right of this page.
- Click on the ‘Proceed to Checkout’ Button
- Type in your email address to prove you are human
- Press ‘Place Order’ and then scroll down to ‘Order Details’ and click on your resource there. It will open ready to save, print, cut out and laminate.
One Way to Use this Poster:
- Students sit in pairs.
- Introduces the words with ou in them poster on the website.
- Model giving clues for the students to guess e.g. ‘When it hasn’t rained in a very long time ________’, ‘When someone plays the drums it can be very _________’.
- Students guess the word and spell it to their partner.
- In pairs the students create clues for their partner to guess.
- Complete a running record or a student.
- If the ou sound appears to be a sound the student needs knowledge on, go to https://phonics-teaching.com and find & print the ou words poster.
- Explore the poster together.
- Place the poster in a loose leaf folder to create a book or personal sounds the student needs to work on.
Yet Another Way You Might Like to Use this Poster
- Recorded Reading – students record themselves reading the word lists (phone, tablet, PC) and listen to themselves reading the words back. Ask them to identify words they need to practice and what they perceive to be the problem. How will we fix that problem?
Where to Next?