ir Phonics Poster – ir sound
Ideal for Learning Difficulties Students & Early Reading Lessons.
(a phonics poster for you to download and print)
The ir Poster Word List
How to Download Your ir Phonics Poster:
- Add the ir Poster to your Cart using the ‘Add to Cart’ Button. NB You can only get the resources 2 at a time. #longstory
- Press the very small ‘View Cart’ Button at the very top right of this page.
- Press the ‘Proceed to Checkout’ Button
- Add your email address to prove you are human
- Press ‘Place Order’ and then scroll down to ‘Order Details’ and click on your resource there. It will open ready to save, print, cut out and laminate.
One Way to Use this Poster:
- Students sit in pairs.
- Teacher introduces the poster on the website and discusses the sound.
- Teacher models giving clues for the students to guess e.g. ‘I’m thinking of a word that is one after 12, ‘I’m thinking of a piece of clothing…’.
- Students guess the word and spell it to their partner.
Another Possible to Use this Poster:
- Complete a running record or a student.
- If the ir sound appears to be a sound the student needs knowledge on, go to https://phonics-teaching.com and find & print the ir words poster.
- Explore the poster together.
- Practice the onset & rime.
- Place the poster in a loose leaf folder to create a book or personal sounds the student needs to work on.
Where to Next?
Quote about Reading – ‘Read an Excellent Book’