R Controlled Vowel – or words poster
or Phonics Poster – or sound
r controlled vowel poster – this free printable poster is ideal for Learning Difficulties Students & Early Reading Lessons.
Phonics Wall Display Poster – or
(Just press ‘ADD it to Your BASKET)
Words with or in them Word List
How to Download Your or Words Phonics Poster:
- Add the r controlled words poster to your Cart using the ‘Add to Cart’ Button. NB You can only get the resources 2 at a time. #longstory
- Press the very small ‘View Cart’ Button at the very top right of this page.
- Press the ‘Proceed to Checkout’ Button
- Add your email address to prove you are human
- Press ‘Place Order’ and then scroll down to ‘Order Details’ and click on your resource there. It will open ready to save, print, cut out and laminate.
One Way to Use this Poster:
- Students sit in pairs.
- Teacher introduces r controlled vowel words poster on the website and models the onset and rime.
- Teacher models giving clues for the students to guess e.g. ‘Another name for 2 weeks is a ___________ ‘, ‘The number after 39 ______ ‘.
- Students guess the word and spell it to their partner.
Another Possible to Use this Poster:
- Complete a running record or a student.
- If r controlled vowels are sounds appears to be ones the student needs knowledge on, go to https://phonics-teaching.com and find & print the short u words poster.
- Explore the poster together.
- Practice the onset & rime.
- Place the poster in a loose leaf folder to create a book or personal sounds the student needs to work on.
Yet Another Way You Might Like to Use this Poster:
- Recorded reading – students record themselves reading the word lists (phone, tablet, PC) and listen to themselves reading the words back. Ask them to identify words they need to practice and what they perceive to be the problem. How will we fix that problem?
Where to Next?