Silent t Words
Silent t Phonics Poster
How to Download Your Silent t Words Phonics Poster:
- Add the silent t words poster to your Cart using the ‘Add to Cart’ Button. NB You can only get the resources 2 at a time. #longstory
- Press the very small ‘View Cart’ Button at the very top right of this page.
- Press the ‘Proceed to Checkout’ Button
- Add your email address to prove you are human
- Press ‘Place Order’ and then scroll down to ‘Order Details’ and click on your resource there. It will open ready to save, print, cut out and laminate.
One Way to Use this Poster:
- Students sit in pairs.
- Teacher introduces the silent t poster on the website and models decoding the words.
- Teacher models giving clues for the students to guess e.g. ‘Many children like to dress as one of these on Halloween _______ ‘, ‘A clock that is worn on the wrist _______ ‘.
- Students guess the word and spell it to their partner.
- Complete a running record or a student.
- If silent t appears to be a any area of need then go to https://phonics-teaching.com and find & print the silent t words poster.
- Explore the poster together.
- Practice decoding the words.
- Place the poster in a loose leaf folder to create a book or personal sounds the student needs to work on.
Yet Another Way You Might Like to Use this Poster
- Recorded reading – students record themselves reading the word lists (phone, tablet, PC) and listen to themselves reading the words back. Ask them to identify words they need to practice and what they perceive to be the problem. How will we fix that problem?
Where to Next?