Silent w Words
Phonics Poster – Silent w
How to Download Your Silent W Words Spelling Poster:
- Add the SIlent W Words poster to your Cart using the ‘Add to Cart’ Button. NB You can only get the resources 2 at a time. #longstory
- Press the very small ‘View Cart’ Button at the very top right of this page.
- Click ‘Proceed to Checkout’ Button
- Add your email address to prove you are human
- Press ‘Place Order’ and then scroll down to ‘Order Details’ and click on your resource there. It will open ready to save, print, cut out and laminate.
One Way to Use this Poster:
- Students sit in pairs.
- Teacher introduces the Silent W poster on the website and models the words.
- Model giving clues for the students to guess e.g. ‘A small bird _______ ‘, ‘The number after one and before three _______ ‘.
- Students guess the word and spell it to their partner.
Another Possible to Use this Poster:
- Complete a spelling pretest with the students.
- Use the Silent W Poster from https://phonics-teaching.com as reference material.
- Explore the poster together.
- Practice spelling the words.
- Place the poster in a loose leaf folder to create a book or personal sounds the student needs to work on.
Yet Another Way You Might Like to Use this Poster
- Recorded reading – students record themselves reading the word lists (phone, tablet, PC) and listen to themselves reading the words back. Ask them to identify words they need to practice and what they perceive to be the problem. How will we fix that problem?
Where to Next?
or maybe some Phonics Play Dough Mats