Bossy e Words
long u Phonics Poster – long u split digraph words
This Guided Reading Phonics Poster is Ideal for Learning Difficulties Students & Early Reading Lessons.
Long u Split Digraph Word List
- Add the long u Poster to your Cart using the ‘Add to Cart’ Button. NB You can only get the resources 5 at a time. #longstory
- Press the very small ‘View Cart’ Button at the very top right of this page.
- Press the ‘Proceed to Checkout’ Button
- Add your email address to prove you are human
- Press ‘Place Order’ and then scroll down to ‘Order Details’ and click on your resource there. It will open ready to save, print, cut out and laminate.
One Way to Use this Poster:
- Students sit in pairs.
- Teacher introduces the ight poster on the website and models the onset and rime.
- Teacher models giving clues for the students to guess e.g. ‘I have 6 square faces. I’m a _________’, ‘I’m thinking of a musical instrument’. etc
- Students guess the word and spell it to their partner.
- Complete a running record or a student.
- If the ight sound appears to be a sound the student needs knowledge on, go to https://phonics-teaching.com and find & print the ight words poster.
- Explore the poster together.
- Practice the onset & rime.
- Place the poster in a loose leaf folder to create a book or personal sounds the student needs to work on.
Where to Next?