Words that start with th Poster
th Words List
A Possible Use of this Poster:
- Complete a running record or a student.
- If the th sound appears to be one the student needs knowledge of, go to https://phonics-teaching.com and find & print this th poster.
- Explore the poster together.
- Practice the onset & rime.
- Place the poster in a loose leaf folder to create a book or personal sounds the student needs to work on.
Another Possible Way to Use this Poster:
- Students sit in pairs.
- Teacher introduces the poster on the website and discusses the sound.
- Teacher models giving clues for the students to guess e.g. ‘I’m thinking of a word that is the opposite of thin’, ‘The rose has a ________’.
- Students guess the word and spell it to their partner.
Yet Another Way You Might Like to Use this Poster
- Recorded reading – students record themselves reading the word lists (phone, tablet, PC) and listen to themselves reading the words back. Ask them to identify words they need to practice and what they perceive to be the problem. How will we fix that problem?
How to Download Your Phonics Poster:
- Add the th Poster to your Cart using the ‘Add to Cart’ Button. NB You can only get the resources 2 at a time. #longstory
- Press the very small ‘View Cart’ Button at the very top right of this page.
- Press the ‘Proceed to Checkout’ Button
- Add your email address to prove you are human
- Press ‘Place Order’ and then scroll down to ‘Order Details’ and click on your resource there. It will open ready to save, print, cut out and laminate.
Where to Next?
Quote about Reading – ‘Once You Learn to Read You Will Be Forever Free’